Lineage II Dark Elf Mage

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
TK Iain

June 27th, 2020, 8:08 am

Me again.

Whilst I wait on various bits 'n' bobs for the x-wings (fiber optic cable and 0.25mm drill bits and a canopy) and the parts for the 1/350 K'Tinga I had to do something to get through this damn lockdown.

After the wee boob with the Elf Assassin I dug out another Elf kit and here she is.

She's been all washed and her head attached with an initial coat of white primer applied so far. As always (heard it) just going to take my time and hopefully I will actually finish a build this time.

The missus loves these Elves I got even though she reckons the sculptor likes them top heavy.
Iain

I've Seen Things You People Would'nt Believe
starsiegeplayer

July 1st, 2020, 8:02 pm

Looks like a really good figure! Looking forward to seeing her done!
TK Iain

July 14th, 2020, 8:17 am

Finally got around to updating this one.

Not much to show TBH but her skin (really happy I went for the blue) is now done and dusted. I have been using the Scale 75 range of paints and here's a wee problem I came up against and going by what I have read this is quite a common one. Theses paints are said to be airbrush ready but they need some serious thinning and tinkering to get the consistency just right. Too thin the paint just goes SPLAT and too thick you have one gummed up airbrush but apart from that these paints are great and they smell nice too. And it would'nt be fun if we're not tinkering with something during a build.

First shade of a dark blue for the edges and a bit of pre-shading (looked really dark but it's not as bad as it looks).

Came in with an ice blue for the main colour of her skin. I also put some violet across her eyes at this paint to give me some shadows later on.

After that I just went over her with some lighter blue and progressively lighter shades of that ice blue until I was happy.

And now I'm happy.

I was going to do her "clothing" (or what little she has) in a jade green but after some trials with that I was'nt liking what I was seeing so I have decided to go with yet more blue for her costume and will use Mr Metal Colour Gold for the highlights on the clothing and armour pieces.

I was hoping to use the airbrush for the clothing but some of the details, especially on her boots is quite intricate so it looks like I'll have to hand paint her clothing which should be fun.

Thanks for looking.
Iain

starsiegeplayer

July 18th, 2020, 4:13 am

Blue skin looks beautiful!
TK Iain

July 18th, 2020, 7:55 am

starsiegeplayer wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 4:13 am
Blue skin looks beautiful!
Thanks. I still have'nt decided what colour to go with for the clothing yet.
Iain

TK Iain

July 26th, 2020, 5:34 pm

FFS!

Yet another Elf has gone into the bin after flying out of my hand and losing in a crash against a wall and subsequently smashing into a zillion bits.

Really not in a good mood just now. :evil:
Iain