Lineage II 1/6 Elf Assasin

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
TK Iain

May 12th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Me again.

Waiting on bits 'n' bobs to arrive for my refit so thought it was about time I actually started one of the Elf Maiden figures I have been collecting.

First one on the bench is the titular Elf Assasin. Got this from Ebay after looking for something completely unrelated and just loved the "smirk" on her face. This kit and the other four I have are from a video game called Lineage II of which I know diddly squat about apart from it's a game along the lines of Warcraft but was released before that one. The kits are all cast from the vinyl/pvc originals and I have yet to find any flaws bar two easily dealt with little bubbles.

I have gone a spent a few pennies on the Scale 75 sets of paints and I'm looking forward to getting started on this figure in earnest.
Iain

I've Seen Things You People Would'nt Believe
TK Iain

June 27th, 2020, 8:02 am

OOPS!

Made a wee bit of a boob (no pun intended) with this one as I was'nt really happy with how the painting was going so I decided to strip it all off and try again. I read up on stripping paint from resin kits and saw that Isopropyl Alcohol (got loads of that) can be used to strip off paint.

Off I went and laid the head in a load of the IA and left it to it for a bit. To my my horror the paint did come up pretty much but the resin started to dissolve and the figure was ruined.

Not in the best of moods I went back to all the stuff I read about stripping the paint off and the original page I referenced had a wee bit further down which clearly stated "DO NOT USE ON RESIN" as IA should be used only on metal figures.

Bummer! I love this figure so I managed to get the last one from the original seller so there you go - lesson learned and that's to read the entire page.
Iain

I've Seen Things You People Would'nt Believe
starsiegeplayer

July 1st, 2020, 9:07 pm

TK Iain wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 8:02 am
OOPS!

Not in the best of moods I went back to all the stuff I read about stripping the paint off and the original page I referenced had a wee bit further down which clearly stated "DO NOT USE ON RESIN" as IA should be used only on metal figures.
Bummer :(

Purple power or green stuff for resin, then?