1/350 Refit (mk.II)

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
TK Iain

May 7th, 2020, 7:36 am

Yep!

It's another refit build and my second attempt at this kit after my first one lost in a battle to the death between a cat and two Yorkies.

I had put this build up (or so I thought) a couple of weeks ago and when I came to update it it was gone? I must have deleted it as I was clearing up some stuff on this forum anyway.

Ah well. You all know this kit and the trials I have before me but I am in no hurry and just plan on taking as much time as I want/need so expect a long process and lots of questions and sweary words. I have everything I need apart from the 5 colour Aztec masks which this time I will get the ones from Trekmodeller to try them out. I still have all the Orbital Drydock masks with the exception of the landing bay stripes mask as that was the only one I got around to using on my build. The OD masks have been sitting about for about two years now so may have lost their stickiness. I did get Cameron's (can't get through on his site just now) landing bay masks but for some reason mine don't go all the way to the end of the shuttle bay floor at the rear of the ship and stop about 10mm from that edge.

I have made some small progress in that I modded the bridge to have it sitting more accurately which was fun. I had got all the HDA bridge/sensor array parts but they have got broken so I'm more than happy to use the kit parts.

I plan on doing the detail painting on the bridge over the next couple of days.

Work has concentrated on the saucer with getting both halves cleaned up and light blocked. I am just waiting for some white plastic primer to be delivered and I'll get both the insides ready for the light installation and the outer surfaces ready for their base coat which will be Tamiya Pearlescent White. I have got the side walls installed and I'll get the seam work started sometime today. My plan is to have the saucer section fully assembled and ready for the aztecing as I am not confident in doing both halves separately and then joining them once the respective aztecing has been done. That's my plan as I said for the moment anyway.

I also thought it would be a lot easier to have the side walls installed and light blocked before installing all the lights.

So! Here we go again.
Last edited by TK Iain on May 12th, 2020, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain

I've Seen Things You People Would'nt Believe
Shawn McClure

May 7th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Looking good so far Lain. I'm sure that is going to turn out great.

Shawn
I would never belong to a club that would have a person like me as a member.
TD1701

May 14th, 2020, 11:04 pm

Looks good so far. I'm wishing you all of the best on this project and look forward to your progress.