1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
705CO

November 12th, 2019, 2:13 am

Steve, this might be overused, but seriously...seriously...this is a great piece of art.
poet.gif
poet.gif (980.09 KiB) Viewed 752 times
"The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space."
MSgtUSAFRet

November 13th, 2019, 12:54 am

Spencer wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 11:55 pm
You can tell when someone has put time, dedication and a desire to do their best into a build, and this is no exception.

Amazing job on what I think is one of the most underrated starships out there! And I will unashamedly be stealing some notions from this build for mine.

And my compliments to the backdrop artist. I gotta make one of those ...

Spencer
Spencer, thanks for the sentiments! As for the notions - please beg, borrow, steal, and use all you want! I got most of them here; or at least mostly from SFMA website so I hold no rights to anything except my own images! (And the model, of course!)

Thanks from "The Artist"! She made me a grandpa today so I think she is pretty awesome! She did make me this for Christmas last year because I whined that my background seemed flat. I would recommend getting one or making your own. It adds that "umph" to the Gallery shots!

Thanks again for your support and comments over the build! Both are deeply appreciated!

Steve
Admirals don't fly; do they...where's the fun in that?!
MSgtUSAFRet

November 13th, 2019, 12:56 am

Shawn McClure wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 2:06 pm
Congratulations Steve! She turned out fantastic! Really cool model to build. Glad you got the paint overspray fixed.

Way to hang in there on this model. Well worth the wait.

Shawn
Shawn - there are no words! Thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm throughout the build! I can only hope to win award like you do!

Steve
MSgtUSAFRet

November 13th, 2019, 1:14 am

Madhatter wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Steve - that is absolutely beautiful! I really love this and I am not a huge ST fan. Like Spencer said before me, you really can tell when someone has feed love and patience into a build and it shows here. The lighting is fantastic too!
So, what's next on the bench? Wait, lemme' guess - something Star Trek? :o :lol:
I'm going to go check out the plane section as I'm pretty sure I saw something in that section from you but didn't get time to have a good look

One thing I do want to say is that I really enjoy reading your posts. You're incredibly nice to everyone and with humor to match.
Great work again Steve
Si, after seeing your screen worthy builds and the intricate details with which you infuse them, I am honored by your appraisal! Yeah the patience to build this the way I wanted to sometimes turned into frustration and a brief break from building! I go through that with every build!

Next on the bench is a B-24D - NOT my usual fare - I am a Trekker, Trekkie, Geek Dude after all - but this is a Christmas gift for my FNL. Yep it's in the plane section. I would love it if everybody could drop by, take a look, and leave a comment. Besides all you Masters - I need some help in building a diorama for the plane and need your advice on how to do it!

The attitude I have - thanks for noticing. This is a hobby, something I do for fun and for the joy of doing something with my hands. As you may know, I was in Dental Laboratory for many years in the military and since I cross-trained out of the field, I have missed having something to show for my work at the end of the day - enter modeling. I have participated in a few other forums, BB, and such and there I found more of a hyper critical view of the work being done; I think they call it bean or rivet counting. I couldn't stand the negativity flowing out of the posts and I determined that I would not be like that. That doesn't mean I won't give an honest critique but truth can be said without hurt - so I try and do that. Besides, others are still learning, too!

Humor - I love to laugh and I like to make others laugh - it makes the hobby more fun and who said we had to be serious anyway! (Que "Toys R US" theme song!) :D

In the end, I just want to have fun and hope you do too!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and all the support you have offered! I can't wait to see your Star Destroyer done!

Steve
MSgtUSAFRet

November 13th, 2019, 1:19 am

705CO wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 2:13 am
Steve, this might be overused, but seriously...seriously...this is a great piece of art.
poet.gif
Scott, Thanks so very much! And, even if it is overused, it is nonetheless deeply appreciated!

Thanks so very much for all you advice and comments over the build! I don't know how many times I stared at your builds, especially the lighting, at once in awe and stymied in trying to figure out how you did it!

Thanks for your input, encouragements, and comments while I struggles through this one (I seem to do that with all of them! :lol: ).

I look forward to your expansion of the B-Wing fighter!

Thanks again!

Steve
TD1701

December 27th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Hi Steve,

I've been away for a couple of months and when I came back the first thing I looked for was your progess. I have to say that this is a true thing of beauty! :D The painting, decals, and that amazing lighting really came together for an awesome piece of work! I've really enjoyed following this build and am glad that it turned out so beautiful. Congratulations Sir, you did a really fine job!

Tom
MSgtUSAFRet

December 28th, 2019, 1:09 pm

TD1701 wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Hi Steve,

I've been away for a couple of months and when I came back the first thing I looked for was your progess. I have to say that this is a true thing of beauty! :D The painting, decals, and that amazing lighting really came together for an awesome piece of work! I've really enjoyed following this build and am glad that it turned out so beautiful. Congratulations Sir, you did a really fine job!

Tom
Tom, Thank you very much for your kind words and wonderful critique! I must admit that, in the middle of dealing with melted parts and a failed paint job, I thought about setting this one aside for a less complicated build; but my builders OCD kicked in an wouldn't let me. Now I am glad I muscled through and got it done!

Thanks again for looking in on me and for your wonderful comments!

LLAP!

Steve
dirkpitt289

March 25th, 2020, 11:36 am

This has to be the best build I've seen for this kit. absolutely awesome!
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirk-Pitt ... 7196064920

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
MattA

March 26th, 2020, 5:15 pm

Wow! Impressive build! She's a beauty! I love making these things look like they could be in the TV show.

Well done!
Lover of plastic that resembles science fiction stuff...
MSgtUSAFRet

March 29th, 2020, 12:18 pm

dirkpitt289 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 11:36 am
This has to be the best build I've seen for this kit. absolutely awesome!
Wow! Thanks Dirk! If you read through the entire thread (part of it was on the scifimodelaction.com) this one took alot of time and trial. But the end was worth it! Thanks again!
MattA wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 5:15 pm
Wow! Impressive build! She's a beauty! I love making these things look like they could be in the TV show.

Well done!
MattA, nice to see you back on the boards! Thanks for your awesome comment! It's humbling that you all think my work is on that level and inspiring to try and do so again!

Thanks again!