Enterprise Refit 1/350 mounting point and balance tips

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
I_Speak_Klingon

March 5th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Hi all,

Been working on my PL Refit for almost 5 years now ( :shock: ) and am currently trying to figure out the best mounting point for the model. FYI, I have an 8-pin mic plug I'm going to install in the bottom of the secondary hull. One option would be to just drill out the stock hole a bit larger and use that. My concern is that after the lights and boards and wires, etc. are all in there, the front piece with the stock mounting hole (that glues on to the secondary hull) wouldn't hold.

Another option is the fill up the stock hole and drill my own mounting point a bit further back, maybe somewhere underneath the arboretum?

What do you think? Anyone have any tips re: the balance of the ship and whether I'm making a mistake? I was hoping to not have to use 2 support poles if possible.

Thanks so much!
Coreysan

March 18th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Almost all wips I've seen use the standard mounting hole where the hull Led is.

Even with added Electronics and support rods inside it seems adequate.

I'm on my 6th year with mine!!! Way too little time to work on it.