Nova Class 1:677 Resin Kit (Canadian Starships)

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
Canadian Starships

May 14th, 2020, 11:41 pm

A bit of yesterday evening and today's work. I've got the bottom hull exterior primed with gray and the inside window and deflector masks have been removed. This part is ready for refinement work. There is a rough section on the starboard side of the lower hull section that's going to need some sanding.

I've done some more work on the base as well. The cover panel has been further sanded and now falls off without any effort as it should. The switch has been wired to the battery clip and tested and is ready to install in the base. The battery area has been further sanded with my Dremel since the battery didn't quite fit when the switch was installed. I've got the first coat of finish on the base and I've got to say, in person, it's looking really nice!
Attachments
May 13 2020 - 01a.JPG
May 13 2020 - 02a.JPG
May 14 2020 - 01a.JPG
May 14 2020 - 02a.JPG
May 14 2020 - 03a.JPG
Canadian Starships

May 19th, 2020, 3:54 am

Just a little bit of progress this evening on the 1:677 Nova Class Project. First steps towards lighting! I've attached the leads to the small wires I embedded in the pylon cast. I realized quite quickly that if I didn't take care of this now, I'd be in a world of trouble soon. I've started alterations on the bottom parts of the nacelles where the nacelle mounting points are, so that the pylons will fit with the nacelles, and that the wiring will fit through. Next I'll mask the nacelle bottoms for interior light blocking coats, and then I'll get the primer on the exterior!
Attachments
May 18 2020 - 01.JPG
May 18 2020 - 02.JPG
Canadian Starships

May 23rd, 2020, 3:39 am

Nova Class Project Update #4: This update sees lots of refinement work on the upper and lower hull sections. Work has been done on the pylons and the nacelles, prepping them for installation. And the base is completed!

youtu.be/-QnZA7C5yeQ