Rebel Blockade Runner-Bandai 1/1000

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
705CO

August 12th, 2019, 1:37 am

I saw this kit in the LHS and just had to pick it up. Up to Bandai standards, this kit is 3" long, about a dozen pieces, with a crazy amount of detail. Molded in white, after assembling, priming, painting, marking and weathering, it is really a great piece of kit.
Primed with Sytylrez white, then testors white and, Vallejo Carmine Red, and three Warhammer washes.
Runner-01.jpg
Runner-02.jpg
Runner-03.jpg
Runner-04.jpg
Runner-05.jpg
"Maybe someday I'll think of something witty and original."
Shawn McClure

August 12th, 2019, 12:49 pm

That must have been a hard model to detail. Looks great.

Shawn
I would never belong to a club that would have a person like me as a member.
TD1701

August 12th, 2019, 8:19 pm

For such a small kit you've done a great job with the painting and weathering.

Tom
nkaltso

August 13th, 2019, 1:32 am

Great Job with the detail work,
my Eyes can't handle a model that small ;)

NIck
Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and overspray
705CO

August 15th, 2019, 12:23 am

Thanks for the comments, but the only work that goes into this little ship is the painting. It's about 15 pieces, all incredibly detailed. I used a red sharpie for some of highlights and the Vallejo red for the rest.

A little variety in where to use washes resulted in differing highlights that add to the detail. It took longer to cut and sand the parts than it did to assemble!
"Maybe someday I'll think of something witty and original."
jazzydog

August 17th, 2019, 5:14 pm

I've got that in my stash! Need to tackle it soon! Bandai is really upping the game with the detailing :D