The Model Shop Community 2019 Halloween Group Build

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
trekworks
Site Admin

August 5th, 2019, 4:13 am

Hello all,
I'd like to announce our Model Shop Community Halloween Group Build for 2019!
The group build will begin now and will continue until October 29th.
Pick a model subject that's Halloween themed and join in the fun.
Use this thread to post your progress and final pictures. The cutoff date for
submitting pictures is October 29th at 12 Midnight.
On Halloween night October 31st, I'll post a slideshow presentation on YouTube featuring all
of the builds from the event.
Attachments
vlcsnap-7373-02-18-19h38m31s370.png
tagamo

August 14th, 2019, 11:58 pm

This will be my 2019 Halloween Build
IMG_2512.JPG
If you build it...
trekworks
Site Admin

October 23rd, 2019, 1:54 pm

This years Halloween build. The Great White Shark kit by Pegasus Models. The shark and the scuba diver are molded in vinyl so they require CA glue for assembly. The shark cage is molded in styrene. I started on the shark first and I have it assembled and painted. It has some significant seams that needed putty fill and sanding. After that I primed it and used craft paints through my airbrush to do the main body colors. The mouth and teeth were done by hand painting. If you look closely you'll notice I put a rough texture on it's skin like the real thing. I did this by fogging on testors dull coat from a distance and force drying it with my heat gun as soon as I sprayed it on. Not too bad for the first shark I've ever painted! Up next, battle damage the shark cage and assemble and paint the scuba diver.
Attachments
IMG_8449.JPG
IMG_8448.JPG
IMG_8445.JPG
IMG_8421.JPG
IMG_8418.JPG
IMG_8417.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG
IMG_8450.JPG
Steve F

October 27th, 2019, 1:38 am

My Halloween build is the Wolfman figure sculpted by Jeff Yagher. I got this resin kit from MonstersInMotion and it's very well made. I always get good results ordering Jeff Yagher figure kits from them. This is one of the larger figure models I have done and it's well over 12 inches tall. It came with a base, a tree thing, the Wolfman body, his claws and his head. The nice thing about these more finished resin kits is that you can spend time on the painting, shading and details.

After saying that, I had to fix the base, because it was really plain and had no details to make it seem real. I added some grass leftover from another kit and dripped some clear resin in places to make it seem wet. I glued some pebbles onto the base to give it some texture. Those are from my backyard. The paint is regular acrylic.
wolfman3.JPG
wolfman2.JPG
wolfman1.JPG
wolfman4.JPG
trekworks
Site Admin

October 27th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Wolfman looks great Steve. Thanks for joining in.
trekworks
Site Admin

October 27th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Final pics of my Jaws tribute build. I finished up the diver by painting him up to look like the Hooper character and then built the
shark cage and did some battle damage on it. i really enjoyed building the kit. I've been impressed with the quality of every Pegasus
Hobbies kit I've built. Good stuff. Happy Halloween everyone :)
Attachments
IMG_8459.JPG
IMG_8458.JPG
IMG_8456.JPG
IMG_8454.JPG
IMG_8451.JPG
IMG_8461.JPG