PCB Circuit Board

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
Shawn McClure

April 16th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Hi all,

Are there any good videos of soldering components like ATtiny's and such to a PCB Circuit board. I have made a circuit on my breadboard but am not sure the best way to make a circuit board.

Thank you,
Shawn
I would never belong to a club that would have a person like me as a member.
Tshark

April 17th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Shawn McClure wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Hi all,

Are there any good videos of soldering components like ATtiny's and such to a PCB Circuit board. I have made a circuit on my breadboard but am not sure the best way to make a circuit board.

Thank you,
Shawn
You can either design a PCB and send it to a company to make a dedicated PCB or you can buy a PCB kit like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FFDCF22/

Either PCB option will require the same soldering techniques. The kit, however, will require you to solder wires for your circuit pathways. This video helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Ig1Sxhe8Y

Hope this helps
Shawn McClure

April 17th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Thank you Tshark,

I actually have the boards Thank you for the video. I appreciate it.

Shawn
RossW

April 17th, 2019, 1:00 pm

D8746DBC-B4E5-4312-BDB7-2632BFFD873A.jpeg
I like using a combination of wires - the stiff ones for routing on the breadboard and the flexible ones to connect to the Arduino (in this example).
Shawn McClure

April 17th, 2019, 4:12 pm

That looks good. I need to know how to hook components to each other.

My question is that you put in like a diode, and hook it to capacitor, etc. I know you solder those to the board, and that's great. Now when you have several components in the board, how do you hook them up?

For instance, If I have a resistor that is in the PCB in holes 1 and 3, and a capacitor that is in the PCB in holes 7 and 8. How do I hook those together? Do I solder a wire from hole 4 to 6, then maybe add a ton of solder between holes 3 and 4, and holes 6 and 7, or how does that work?

Thank you,
Shawn
Tshark

April 17th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Shawn McClure wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 4:12 pm
That looks good. I need to know how to hook components to each other.

My question is that you put in like a diode, and hook it to capacitor, etc. I know you solder those to the board, and that's great. Now when you have several components in the board, how do you hook them up?

For instance, If I have a resistor that is in the PCB in holes 1 and 3, and a capacitor that is in the PCB in holes 7 and 8. How do I hook those together? Do I solder a wire from hole 4 to 6, then maybe add a ton of solder between holes 3 and 4, and holes 6 and 7, or how does that work?

Thank you,
Shawn
I used small single conductor wire to connect the circuit pathways. I also used an IC socket for the Arduino board to facilitate easy replacement.
Circuit board post.JPG
Circuit board top.JPG
Shawn McClure

April 17th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Ahh, so you solder right to the point that the object is coming though. I see now. That is the one thing that wasn't all that clear about this whole thing.

That wire on the back looks like a thicker gauge than just the wire wrapping wire, or that metal looking wire that is normally just used to hook up LED's and such.

That doesn't look too bad at all. Thank you TShark.

Shawn
Shawn McClure

April 18th, 2019, 1:10 pm

I looked last night at the circuit board and was thinking the wire wrapping wire is too thin. What gauge of wire is used in circuit board wiring?

Shawn