Zvezda Star Destroyer

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
Madhatter

September 25th, 2019, 10:55 am

LOL, thanks Tom. Hopefully the next update will be interesting too
Madhatter

September 28th, 2019, 4:45 am

Hi again

Last update before a short tools down period. I've not really spent as much time on the bench as I thought I would but did still manage some decent progress

The front end is as busy as I want it now. Just need to start filling out areas around the hull. I won't go to crazy as I want to try keep to the grand scale and immensity of the ship.

At the same time, most of this detail will likely be obscured by the paint.

Well, that's it for now but feel free to share any thoughts you may have

Till next time

Si
Lumin0us

October 1st, 2019, 4:08 am

Wow!!! What a feast for the eyes! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing! :o
MSgtUSAFRet

October 27th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Thoughts?! What thoughts do you think I have to share?! This is stunning work and I am too stunned, STUNNED, to say anything!

Keep at it, Si! Take a break, sure, but COME BACK! :D

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

Steve
Admirals don't fly; do they...where's the fun in that?!
Ragnar

October 29th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Fantastic job, the details are awesome, did you make the resin parts your self And if so did you make the moulds too?
I absolutely love your work and youโ€™ve given me inspiration for my star destroyer, thanks for sharing your amazing work.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ
705CO

October 31st, 2019, 2:50 am

same comment as always. Wow. The level of greebliegoodness is simply off the charts.
"Maybe someday I'll think of something witty and original."
Madhatter

October 31st, 2019, 7:15 am

Thanks guys! I'm sorry I don't have a photo update. In fact, the only update I have for you is that I don't have an update. It's sitting next to me in my office and even though I keep looking at it, despite all the while knowing deep down that I really want to get on and use some ideas I want to try on it, I am still sticking to my short break from it and am currently concentrating on a Revell 1/584 Scharnhorst for my friend as a birthday present.
Dedication boys.... :roll: :lol:

Ragnar wrote: โ†‘
October 29th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Fantastic job, the details are awesome, did you make the resin parts your self And if so did you make the moulds too?
I absolutely love your work and youโ€™ve given me inspiration for my star destroyer, thanks for sharing your amazing work.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ
Hey thanks very much Ragnar - welcome to the forums BTW!
Yep, I did make my own molds for those parts. It's not hard to do really. In a personal first, I'm going to try and make my own mini model kit of the hangars for sidewalls. I'm confident it'll work but it sounds more complicated than it is. All I'll be doing really will be making the walls, molding them and then casting them. It's not the making molds that gets me - its the casting. I use the tried and true method of injecting the resin into the molds with a syringe and get a very mixed result each time. I keep watching you tube videos to see where I'm going wrong but I am doing what they do. I think it's just because the parts are so bloody small too